Friday, August 22, 2014

Hanging With the Threes

The phrase "make it up as you go along" was made just for me I think.  I try to plan things out in advance but my best work just kind of happens.  That is what happened with the door.  

We finally decided on the title and Kathy cut the letters on the Ellison machine, which she discovered cuts foamy - even glitter foamy - better than construction paper.  She had to cut the letters twice because I had a "better" idea as the project progressed.  She was a really good sport even when I decided to not use two whole words.  She just sighed and moved on.  

Back to the door. The vine was made by tying yarn around two layers of tissue rectangles and spacing them every 8" or so.  The tissue was just scraps of 2 shades of green roughly cut about 2" x 6".  The yarn had been cut in pieces so I just tied them together and let it add character.  After taping the vine to the door we opened up the tissue leaves to give them more shape and voila - a vine for monkeys to hang from. 

The vine on the bulletin board was made the same way except that the leaves are closer together.

As with most things we do, this is a work in progress.  Come back next week to see what else we - and the kids - will do to the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment