Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Fiesta Camp Crafts Part II

Metal Painting

I spent a lot of time researching this one.  There are a gazillion ways to do it from super simple to very complicated.  Only the 4- and 5-year-olds did this.  I think I would try it with my 3s during the regular school year when I know all the personalities and what we are capable of.  We get kids from all over during camp so it is harder to anticipate abilities.
Anyways, one teacher just had the kids draw and color with sharpies and then added glitter and it turned out great.   That was simple but visually stunning.  I  missed the photo again and I apologize for not be able to correctly attribute this sample photo.  Teaching camp this time made it nearly impossible to see what was going on in other classrooms.

Maracas
Plastic Easter eggs, beans or rice, plastic spoons, fun tapes.  Super easy and lots of fun.

We used colored spoons to make it a bit more colorful, but the idea was the same.  The camp kids picked all kind of color combinations.

Cactus Sunset
Once again I missed the photo of our finished product.  But this was the inspiration photo. 


We precut the cacti since our kids were just not scissor savy.  They ripped colored  tissue paper and glued it onto an orange background.   So where the tissue didn't cover it still had a sunset glow.  Then glued the cactus on top.

I would definitely do this again during the year.  Probably when we do Cowboy/5 senses and make a sandpaper cactus.

No comments:

Post a Comment