Saturday, August 20, 2016

Fun Fiesta Crafts Part I

Fiesta Camp was the camp I was most worried about finding good projects for.  It ended up being the best camp of the summer.   As usual we searched and searched for ideas and then tweaked them to make them our own.

Silly Chili / Hot Stuff

This was super fun.  The kids always like getting their feet painted.  What a good ice breaker on the first day.
This was an idea I saw at the last minute.  We used googly eyes and skipped the arms and legs.  It's original title was Hot Stuff, but we started calling it the Silly Chili.

 
Ball & Cup Game

I saw many, many variations of the ball and cup game.  Our final version was the fake Solo cups from the Dollar Store since they are a little smaller around and easier for little hands to hold.

Using a regular hole punch, I punched holes in the top side for the string instead of the bottom.  It was MUCH MUCH easier and for the younger kids the swing from the top was easier to manage.  For the ball we used wooden "wheels" that had been donated years ago.
The kids painted the wheels and decorated the cup with sticky foamies.  The teachers tied it together.  Fun.



Sombrero

This turned out nearly identical to the original idea, which is good since I did not get any photos of ours.  We used the yellow paper cups and dessert plates from the Dollar Tree.  I pre-glued them together with hot glue.
We had ribbon and lace for the kids to wrap around the cup.  Then pom poms for the rim of the paper plate.  It was cute, but kind of pointless except as a decoration.  If I did it again I think I would use dinner plates and cut out the circle under the cup so they could at least pretend to wear it.

Another round of Fiesta Crafts coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment